Welcome to YLOAN.COM
yloan.com » Auto & Trucks » Shopping For 37" LCD TV's
Auto & Trucks Mobile-Audio-Video Motorcycles Trucks toyota

Shopping For 37" LCD TV's

Do you want a brand new 65" LCD TV? I do! Do you have the space

, or the money, to get one? Me neither.

Well, now what? I guess newspapers are the way to go, right? Wrong. When shopping for a new TV, there are several key features to look for, namely size, sound, resolution, and price. So lets figure out what makes a good TV. (For our purposes, lets stick to the 37" LCD TV variety)

Size - It matters. You have to consider both the size of the screen, and the dimensions of the system itself. Say you just bought that 37" LCD TV. That sure is one big screen (believe me, 37 inches is a whole lot of screen), but what good does it do you if your cabinet is only 15 inches wide? None at all, and in fact it makes the TV look silly. Don't buy a TV (or anything for that matter, unless you have somewhere to put it)! So break out your yard stick and measure. It's going to save you a ton of head-aches later.

Sound - Personally, this is a make or break criteria when I'm TV shopping. If my speakers produce a washed-out, hollow, or dull sound, I can't stand it. When you're at the movie theater, you expect deep, vibrant, and rich tones, so why would you settle for Mp3 quality audio at home? (Conveniently, what's the smallest size TV you can find with excellent sound? Right around the 37" LCD TV's.) Look for TV's that mimic Surround Sound, and that have received praise specifically for their sound quality.

Resolution - Ah, the debate continues. I'm going to put it to rest right now. A 720p display performs JUST AS WELL as 1080p/i. Just trust me, it does. I've done my homework on this, and 720p is just as jaw dropping as its larger counterpart. The only difference is that buying 720's will save you upwards of $100 almost every time.

Price - And now it gets interesting. Only you can determine exactly what you're willing to spend on a TV set, but I can tell you that you can get all of the important features (not too small/ large size, movie-quality sound, beautiful 720p picture quality) for well under $650.

As a word of advice, always start looking at the 37" LCD TV's, you may be surprised at how much you like such an affordable, high quality machine. If necessary, work your way up from there.

David is a student at The University of Illinois who regularly writes reviews on technology and gadgets.
Braun Series 7 790cc & 760cc - Comparison and Differences
print
www.yloan.com guest:  register | login | search IP(18.119.104.160) Wyoming / Casper Processed in 0.050524 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2385, 53,
Shopping For 37" LCD TV's Casper