Welcome yloan.com
yloan.com » Business » Secure Fall Speaking Opportunities Now
Business Small Business Bankruptcy Credit Loans Personal-Finance Stocks-Mutual-Funds Settlements Taxes Wealth-Building Finance Ecommerce Financial Investment Commercial

Secure Fall Speaking Opportunities Now

clients after presenting. Recently my speaking success compounded when I launched a second business two years ago called, http www.VisitingGeeks.com In addition to describing marketing client campaign successes, I started sharing my Visiting Geeks success stories during my presentations. After every presentation I consistently receive new marketing consulting and Visiting Geeks business.

Amazingly I m able to drive interest to both of my businesses, simply by talking in front of people about what I know Public speaking works particularly well for any relationship based business, or consultant type businesses, such as:

Financial

Legal

Health

Technology

All four of the above specializations involve the customer sharing very personal information with the consultant, increasing the need for people to trust the expert they re seeking to hire. Public speaking is a great way to build trust prospects feel like they know you because theyve seen you.

HOW TO PITCH

I like to pitch using email. I first scope out organizations whose members match my target audience demographics, and then I'll send a brief email introduction 3 or 4 sentences about myself and my area of speaking expertise. You can usually find the appropriate contact of the person responsible for organizing speakers right at the association s Web site, or you can use the generic contact email and ask who the appropriate person is to contact. Either way, expect a delayed response, since the member responsible for checking the association's email is probably a volunteer, and therefore, only checks email once, maybe twice a week. On average, I ve found most organizations respond within two days, three at the most.

Once you vet found the right contact, ask her if she d like to receive your bio. Don t just send your bio without permission, instead, be invited to do so. Why By withholding your bio, it gives you another excuse to touch your contact. At minimum, you'll usually have four to five opportunities to contact the speaker coordinator, including:

Initial introduction Email

Would you like to review my bio? Email

Follow up Email One

Follow up Email Two

Follow up Email Three

Remember every step of the way they're evaluating your professionalism. Stretch out your touch points, so to deepen the relationship. In other words, don't show your cards all at once. Hold on to them for a bit to build a relationship.

PREPARE SPEAKER RESOURCES BEFOREHAND

It's imperative you have a professional speaker bio before you pitch your speaking services. Feel free to check out my format at http www.SharronSenter.com/s.htm A standard bio is usually one, 8.5 X 11 page.

Your bio should include the following

Professional Headshot

Credentials education, certifications, awards

Experience past speaking gigs

Testimonials

Sample Presentation/Workshop

Contact Information phone, Web site and email

Sharron Senter is a New England based marketing consultant, speaker, writer and founder of Senter & Associates, a marketing communications firm that helps small businesses deploy low-cost online and offline marketing tactics.

by: sunder
Kidney Donate And Help Other Cash Gifting - The 4 Steps You Must Use When Starting Your Cash Gifting Program Cash Gifting Is The Biggest Thing Going Since Sliced Bread! Do You Need Special Brake Pads For Abs Brakes? Read On... Locating A Cheap Apartment Today 9 Reasons To Do Joint Venture Deals On Ebay- How To Lower Your Blood Pressure. In Quest Of A Puppy Barking For Shelter No hassle small business loans: Trouble free cash for your numerous business requirements What Is A Climatologist Conversation Starters For Shy People Difference Between Successful Businesses And Struggling Businesses?
print
www.yloan.com guest:  register | login | search IP(3.14.248.119) / Processed in 0.012850 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 52 , 3437, 54,
Secure Fall Speaking Opportunities Now