Welcome yloan.com
yloan.com » Business » Please Define "Business Model"
Business Small Business Bankruptcy Credit Loans Personal-Finance Stocks-Mutual-Funds Settlements Taxes Wealth-Building Finance Ecommerce Financial Investment Commercial

Please Define "Business Model"

Author: Kenneth Kaufman

I have long suspected that most business people cannot give a simple definition for the commonterm of business model. It seems to be a nebulous and vague term that escapes most. Most people think they know what it means, but when you ask them to define it, they usually cant come close to verbalizing it. So I decided to see if a group of business students, those who are in the great business textbooks every day preparing to succeed in business, know what it means. In a classroom of a well-respected business school today I asked: Please define business model. I received the same initial reaction I do from most some blank stares and a few who started to raise their hands but then realized they didnt really have much to offer. Finally a brave soul took the plunge with something like this: Its the way a company runs and operates. That sure seems to be part of it, but arent we missing something? A few more students offered suggestions that were similarly vague and generally lacking. My definition is simple a business model is how your business makes money. Period. It is the accumulation of all of the sales, marketing, operations, administration, R&D, finance, CFO Servicesand everything else that goes into a business all the strategies and tactics that determine if the company makes money or does not make money. Most definitions are like the ones above mentioning different parts of running a business but failing to describe it as the companys overall plan for making a profit. Understanding this simple and quick definition, here is my two-pronged philosophy for entrepreneurs and their business models: First, every entrepreneur can pick whatever business model they want. Second, eventually our efficient market will determine the superior business model for each industry. Those who innovate the bestmodel for their industry will mostlikely win. Those who quickly adopt to this model will likely survive. And those who stay entrenched in their out-dated and archaic models will die. In our competitive business environment, the best entrepreneurs are the ones that innovate the best business models in their respective industries. I dont know how many of them can give a quick and precise definition of the term business model, but one thing is for sure they get it!About the Author:

For more than a decade Ken has built a reputation as a leader who is respected for his integrity, work ethic, and commitment to lifting people and companies to new levels of achievement. Ken has served in several leadership roles, including CFO, COO, VP of Administration, and VP of Sales, in start-ups, mid-stage companies, and large multi-national corporations. His experiences cover a variety of industries, including construction, real estate, financial services, business services, medical/dental, manufacturing, telecommunications, distribution, retail, internet services & SaaS, market research, and outsourcing.

Ken founded CFO wise in 2006 and currently serves as its CEO.

Blog: http://www.cfowise.com/Blog

Email: ken@cfowise.com
Getting Creative With Subject-to Investing Learning Eighteen Simple Ways To Save Money On Your Car. Selling Real Estate Quickly And Easily Tips To Find Beautiful Handicraft Items For Your Loved Ones! Considerations For Purchase Of Florida Investment Properties Demand For Handicraft Has Boosted The Growth Of Small Scale Industries! High Quality Coconut Shell Charcoal And Activated Carbon Available In India And South East Countries Garden Accessories To Accentuate The Beauty Of Your House! Tips To Beautify Your Garden! Singapore Payroll Process Service Best Way To Get Free Grants For Small Business Web Based Home Business - 7 Critical Steps For Success Bulk Sms Marketing - Is It All Hype?
print
www.yloan.com guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.46.58) California / Mountain View Processed in 0.005176 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 3395, 54,
Please Define "Business Model" Mountain View